I just finished reading the book “The China Study” by Campbell T.Colin and I must say that it has opened my eyes. I am a person who takes a lot of care of proper health, but the book revealed me some useful secrets that until now I did not know.
According to Campbell, we are living in a toxic food environment. We are surrounded by advertisements that do nothing more than spreading the idea of ??junk food. Have you ever noticed that when you buy a magazine written about health, you expect to find some healthy tips, but what you find are full-page advertisements of ketchup and hamburgers etc..
The reality is that large corporations are making a lot of money selling toxic foods. These foods make us fat and then these large corporations sell solutions to lose weight. Thus are making double money. What a brilliant idea!
If you want to live in good form, shiny and full of energy, you need to look for an ally in today’s environment. The book talks about diseases caused by junk food that we eat every day and it offers solutions how we can avoid all these diseases with a good and healthy diet.
There are so many questions about health and we want answers:
1. Do we have to buy products labeled “organic” to avoid exposure to pesticides?
2. Is our health “predetermined” by the genes we inherit at birth?
3. Do carbohydrates make us fat?
4. Must we be careful to saturated fats and trans fats?
We eat what we like and what our parents taught us to prefer. Most of us live within the boundaries that define our cultural preferences.
Cancer is not a natural event. By adopting a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle we can prevent the majority of diseases. The old age can and should be a quiet and peaceful age without any disease. The fast food restaurants chains surround us everywhere. We prefer speed over quality. Since we spend more time watching TV, playing video games or stay in front of computer, we are becoming physically less active.
We tend to follow the diets suggested by fashion. We discard saturated fats, butter, carbohydrates, and turn to protein diet. If you do not know, let me tell you that high protein diets produce dangerous health problems.
Part 2. Diseases of Affluence
We are affluent and we die certain deaths because of it. A special diet for every type of illness does not exist. Now is the time that people should take control of their health. In today’s life it is not hard to notice our fights against fat. It is a black hole that swallows our money.
The solution for weight loss consists of a diet of natural foods provided by plants, combined with a reasonable dose of physical activity. People in countries like China, Japan and in India are slimmer. As soon as their diet will be same as ours, their bodies will be same as ours (overweight).
Part 3. The Good Nutrition Guide
The benefits of a healthy lifestyle are enormous: we can live longer, look younger, have more energy, maintain strong bones, prevent diseases and more …..
In return, what is the price we must pay? We must change our diet.
Our body has evolved with the purpose of obtaining the maximum benefit from the foods we eat. Supplements do not guarantee the long-term health benefits and can cause unexpected side effects. The risks of the western diet can’t be cancelled by consuming supplementary substances.
The animal origin food does not contain nutrients that are better than nutrients provided by plants. Good nutrition and good health are simple. Campbell recommends to eliminate all animal origin foods and minimize the use of refined carbohydrates, vegetable oils and fish.
Part 4. Why Haven’t You Heard this Before ?
I know you have a question in mind, “why I’ve never heard before about the diet based primarily on plants?
You’re right! You’ve always heard that we need to eat meat, fish, eggs and milk to stay healthy. The main reason is that there are so many big companies based on fast food that have risk of losing a large sum of money if we switch to vegetable diet. The entire system – government, science, industry and media, promotes the profit at the expense of health, and confusion at the expense of clarity.
The China Study has a strong message to convey: our diet is killing us. You definitely should not skip: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Campbell also found out that the only thing that is needed to cure heart disease is simply change what we eat.
Changing diet is not easy, it is often a radical choice. It takes a lot of courage to just accept the fact that a vegetarian diet is the better diet than animal-based diet. I too have always thought that plants can not fulfill our needs 100% and we have to eat meat and fish to feed ourselves better, but I was wrong.
I recommend you to read this book to discover surprising facts that will open your eyes.
Buy This Book from Amazon
You may also like:
Do You Like This Blog?
More than 7000 People Follow this Blog
Best-seller Books – Read in only 10 Minutes
Popular Articles You Should Read
Here’s How You can invest your money
Here’s How You can Earn more money
Inspirational Stories for You
Short, downloadable book summaries written by us that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others.
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad -- This is one of the fewest books that has been on the bestseller list for more than a decade. This book is the best personal finance book of all time.
2. The Richest Man In Babylon -- The book is very interesting and full of short stories of the rich people who reveal the secrets of their wealth. This is a small book but it has improved the financial life of millions of people around the world.
3. Think And Grow Rich -- It is a motivational book written by Napoleon Hill, it was first published in 1937 during the time of great depression. This book has been on the bestseller list from last 74 years.
4. The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People -- It is a #1 National Bestseller book on personal development, written by Stephen R. Covey. It has sold more than 15 million copies since its first publication in 1989.
5. How To Win Friends And Influence People -- This book is written by Dale Carnegie and it was first published in 1937. Now it takes place in publishing history as one of the all-time international best-seller.
- Business Biography (13)
- Financial Education (35)
- Frequently asked Questions (8)
- Goal Setting (29)
- Health & Success (9)
- Inspirational Stories (16)
- Investing (31)
- Job hunting and Career (5)
- Management and Leadership (10)
- Money Tips (26)
- Motivational (36)
- Personal Finance (42)
- Savings (6)
- Self Help (43)
- Self Improvement (45)
- Silver and Gold (5)
- Skills (10)
- Small Business (10)
- Stocks and real Estate (25)
- Success (39)
- Time Management (13)
- Wealth (47)
- Women and Business (20)
A Note to Our Readers
We at Readtoawake.com encourage our readers to purchase the books we summarize. These summaries are for busy professionals, who do not have much time to read all the books. We help them to select the best business and personal finance books.
English is not our motherlanguage so please ignore the grammatical errors and focus on the message.