I recently read this wonderful book “The 4-hour body” written by Tim Ferriss. He is also the author of the bestselling book “The 4-hour work week.” Thanks to Tim Ferriss, after reading his book “The 4-hour workweek” I have more time in my life to do important things, spend time with my family and write articles on this personal finance blog.
I enjoyed reading Tim Ferriss’s second book “The 4-hour body”. When I saw this book first time, I was surprised by its thickness. It is a big book containing about 592 pages. Just like his first book, in this book Tim has explained that by working on most important things, you can get amazing results. This entire book is based on the idea of least resistance. It means that you need to do very little to get good results.
Maybe you’ve never heard about this book first. Here you have got a chance to read a short summary of this great book that covers many interesting topics on health such as sleeping, eating, losing weight, improving sex etc. ….
Tim has written in the starting of this book that this book is not based on some particular study or research but various techniques described in this book are based on his own experiences as he has tried these techniques on himself.
Not only that, this book covers all aspects of the body, it also shows the tactics to get maximum results with minimum effort. The beauty of this book is that it is divided in chapters and you can read only that chapter that is important for you. You are not required to read the whole book to get the results.
In this book he talks about:
- How to lose 9 kg in 30 days
- Abdominal: 2 exercises that work well
- Put on 15 pounds of muscle in 28 days
- Reversing Injuries
- Running From 5 to 50 km in 12 weeks
- Learn how to swim efficiently in 10 days
The book begins with an introduction and some basic information that everyone should read, and then the rest is made in different stories. You may choose what interests you and start reading.
If you’re already curious I recommend you to buy the book and read it. And if you want to know more about this book before buying then here is a brief summary.
1. Fundamentals- First and Foremost
This book introduces the concept of “minimum effort”. He takes over the principle of 80/20. Who does not know about this principle if you do not know, you should read the bestselling book – “The 4-hour workweek”. Here I try to explain it briefly – According to the 80/20 principle, 80% of your actions produce only 20% result and other 20% of your actions produce 80% result so try to focus on those 20% actions that produce 80% result and became a successful person.
2. Ground Zero- Getting Started and Swaraj
Losing weight can be very simple if you are ready to make small changes in your habits, such as you should eat little but often. You should eat at least 6 times per day to help your body to burn enough fat.
To achieve this goal you need to set a goal of loosing fat. Take actions and measure your performance. To achieve any goal you have to define what you want to achieve whether it is losing weight, gaining muscles or becoming financially free.
Measuring is the key to success in any plan. What can be measured can be achieved.
3. Subtracting fat
- Avoid white carbohydrates
- Eats the same meal several times a day
- Do not drink alcohol
- Do not eat fruit
- Take one day off when you can eat anything you want
The main idea is to eat few carbohydrates and increase protein consumption.
Another interesting concept introduced in this section is the concept of exposure to cold. The mechanism of our body work in order to keep its temperature at a certain level. If we are cold, our fat burning mechanism return again to the create the ideal temperature of our body.
4. Adding Muscle
This section teaches you how to eat until we reach a point where we can lift heavy weight to accumulate the muscles.
The whole chapter is very easy to read. You would come to know about the difference between resistance training and cardio to maintain and increase muscle mass. You will also find a program of exercise that requires only 4 hours a month to add muscles.
It is a chapter of most interest to most people. Some buy this book only to improve this aspect of their lives. Sex is fundamental to our lives and in this book Tim says that to improve your sex you need to change two things – the angle and pressure – to help women achieve orgasm during intercourse.
6. Improving Sleep
If you have trouble in sleeping, this is a chapter you should read. It describes probably one of the most comprehensive treatment of tricks and tools to help you fall asleep faster and sleep better.
I generally do not have sleep problems, but this chapter has drawn my attention to discover the tricks and understand the issues related to sleep.
Some of the suggestions offered in this book are:
1) Focus on thoughts that are coming in your mind
2) 67ºF to 70ºF is the best room temperature to fall asleep
3) Eat a large fat-and protein-dominated meal 3 hours before bedtime
4) Use low light in the bedroom
5) Take a cold bath an hour before going to bed
In this book, Tim has explained many important and useful techniques to improve your life and live longer. He has also recommended some recipes to eat before having sex to improve your performance.
Tim Ferriss says, “The formulas described in this book that has worked for him and may not necessarily work for everyone. So I recommend everybody to consult your doctor before deciding to follow a certain tactic.”
In short, it is a must read book on the topic of personal health. I’m not saying all the tips are useful, but there are many tactics that you can follow. I highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to refresh their body and life. The 4-hour body plan really works and I very grateful to Tim for sharing his experience.
Buy This Book from Amazon
You may also like:
Do You Like This Blog?
More than 7000 People Follow this Blog
Best-seller Books – Read in only 10 Minutes
Popular Articles You Should Read
Here’s How You can invest your money
By PDGACO payday loans
Here’s How You can Earn more money
Inspirational Stories for You
Short, downloadable book summaries written by us that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others.
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad -- This is one of the fewest books that has been on the bestseller list for more than a decade. This book is the best personal finance book of all time.
2. The Richest Man In Babylon -- The book is very interesting and full of short stories of the rich people who reveal the secrets of their wealth. This is a small book but it has improved the financial life of millions of people around the world.
3. Think And Grow Rich -- It is a motivational book written by Napoleon Hill, it was first published in 1937 during the time of great depression. This book has been on the bestseller list from last 74 years.
4. The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People -- It is a #1 National Bestseller book on personal development, written by Stephen R. Covey. It has sold more than 15 million copies since its first publication in 1989.
5. How To Win Friends And Influence People -- This book is written by Dale Carnegie and it was first published in 1937. Now it takes place in publishing history as one of the all-time international best-seller.
- Business Biography (13)
- Financial Education (35)
- Frequently asked Questions (8)
- Goal Setting (29)
- Health & Success (9)
- Inspirational Stories (16)
- Investing (31)
- Job hunting and Career (5)
- Management and Leadership (10)
- Money Tips (26)
- Motivational (36)
- Personal Finance (42)
- Savings (6)
- Self Help (43)
- Self Improvement (45)
- Silver and Gold (5)
- Skills (10)
- Small Business (10)
- Stocks and real Estate (25)
- Success (39)
- Time Management (13)
- Wealth (47)
- Women and Business (20)
A Note to Our Readers
We at Readtoawake.com encourage our readers to purchase the books we summarize. These summaries are for busy professionals, who do not have much time to read all the books. We help them to select the best business and personal finance books.
English is not our motherlanguage so please ignore the grammatical errors and focus on the message.