The Millionaire Next Door is written after many years of research done by the authors (Thomas Stanley and William Danko).
This book reveals that most of the millionaires became rich not by chasing get-rich-quick schemes instead they have followed a particular path to reach their destination of becoming millionaires.
What will You Learn From This Book?
This book shows you that to become a millionaire one must go through a slow process of choosing a right occupation, becoming successful in the career or in business, saving money by budgeting and investing carefully.
Most books focus only on one side to become rich that is spending less or earning more but according to this book both are required to succeed.
Many people ask these questions why they are not wealthy, they work hard, they are well educated and high income people. This book will tell you that in order to accumulate wealth and becoming millionaire you should not only earn a lot but you should also develop frugal habits.
So the question is “Who becomes Millionaire?”
- 80% of the millionaires are first-generation rich. This is quite strange for the people who think to become rich one must born in a rich family.
- 97% of millionaires are retired.
- They have occupied the same home for more than twenty years.
- 70% of millionaires own a business and most of them work between 45 and 55 hours per week.
- 80% of millionaires are college graduates. They believe education is extremely important for themselves and their children.
- They invest 20% of their income each year.
- About 95 % millionaires invest in stocks and mutual funds for the long term. They seldom sell their equity investments.
In the research the authors found that people who become millionaires have these 7 common denominators.
1. They Live below their means. Millionaire are frugal. They try to save every penny they can.
2. They allocate their time, money and energy efficiently, in ways to build wealth. They invest their time to create budgets, they know exactly how much money their family is spending for household, car and other expenses each month and each year. They spend less time on shopping and invest more time on making family budget.
3. They believe that financial independence is more important than displaying high social status. They don’t buy expensive cars, clothes or watches. They buy a good fuel efficient car and keep that car for many years.
4. Their parents did not provide economic outpatient care. They did not receive any money from their parents, they have accumulated their wealth themselves.
5. Their adult children are economically self-sufficient. They send their children in good schools and universities so that they can become professionals and self-dependant.
6. They are proficient in targeting market opportunities. Most of the millionaires own business. They find new products or improve the existing products and then they sell these products in the market to accumulate wealth.
7. They choose the right occupation. Most of the millionaires are self-employed professional people like doctors, lawyers, dentists.
Final Thoughts On This Book
This is a classic financial book to understand exactly how other people have become millionaires. The good news is that if you do the same things you can get the same results. This book contains everything you want to know about the life styles of the rich people.
Mostly the people who looks rich, who wear expensive suits and drive expensive cars are not rich. They are actually deeply in debt. The true millionaires don’t look like millionaires. They don’t dress like millionaires, they don’t eat like millionaires.
To know more about millionaires and become one of them, I recommend you to buy this amazing book.
Buy This Book from Amazon
You may also like:
Do You Like This Blog?
More than 7000 People Follow this Blog
Best-seller Books – Read in only 10 Minutes
Popular Articles You Should Read
Here’s How You can invest your money
By PDGACO payday loans
Here’s How You can Earn more money
Inspirational Stories for You
Short, downloadable book summaries written by us that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others.
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad -- This is one of the fewest books that has been on the bestseller list for more than a decade. This book is the best personal finance book of all time.
2. The Richest Man In Babylon -- The book is very interesting and full of short stories of the rich people who reveal the secrets of their wealth. This is a small book but it has improved the financial life of millions of people around the world.
3. Think And Grow Rich -- It is a motivational book written by Napoleon Hill, it was first published in 1937 during the time of great depression. This book has been on the bestseller list from last 74 years.
4. The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People -- It is a #1 National Bestseller book on personal development, written by Stephen R. Covey. It has sold more than 15 million copies since its first publication in 1989.
5. How To Win Friends And Influence People -- This book is written by Dale Carnegie and it was first published in 1937. Now it takes place in publishing history as one of the all-time international best-seller.
- Business Biography (13)
- Financial Education (35)
- Frequently asked Questions (8)
- Goal Setting (29)
- Health & Success (9)
- Inspirational Stories (16)
- Investing (31)
- Job hunting and Career (5)
- Management and Leadership (10)
- Money Tips (26)
- Motivational (36)
- Personal Finance (42)
- Savings (6)
- Self Help (43)
- Self Improvement (45)
- Silver and Gold (5)
- Skills (10)
- Small Business (10)
- Stocks and real Estate (25)
- Success (39)
- Time Management (13)
- Wealth (47)
- Women and Business (20)
A Note to Our Readers
We at Readtoawake.com encourage our readers to purchase the books we summarize. These summaries are for busy professionals, who do not have much time to read all the books. We help them to select the best business and personal finance books.
English is not our motherlanguage so please ignore the grammatical errors and focus on the message.