Now, Discover Your Strengths written by Marcus Buckingham & Donald o. Clifton is a powerful book if you still don’t know what your strengths are. This book is about developing your unique talents and strengths and those of the people you manage.
Who does not want to discover his own strengths and then manage his life and work based on those strengths?
If you are in the business or an employee, by discovering what your strengths are, you can make a huge difference and become very successful in your chosen field.
What will You Learn From This Book?
This book is must read for anyone committed to being an effective supervisor or anyone committed to his own personal growth.
The Gallup Organization has created a program to help readers identify their natural talents and build them into strengths.
Chapter 1 : Strong Lives
Based upon open-ended interviews and psychological profiles of more than two million “excellent performers” the authors have discovered that these people do have weaknesses and strengths but they have learned to maximize their strengths and focus on them.
In this book the authors have given us many real life examples of how many well known people despite having weakness, have become successful because they concentrated more on their strengths.
Chapter 2 : Strengths Building
when you observe a great personal strength in someone (for example public speaker), you are actually witnessing a mix of that person’s skills and talents. A strength is just a development of these two elements.
What is a Strength?
A strengths is consistency near perfect performance in an activity. The book’s core theme is that instead of fixing up your weaknesses, you should find your strengths and develop them. Because Its your strengths that make you a unique person.
Chapter 3 : Strengths Finder
You can take this test online using a code provided in this book.
Otherwise you can clearly identify your strengths just by reading this book and analyzing a big list of strengths written in this book and asking yourself honestly if you have those natural talents.
Chapter 4 : The Thirty Four Themes of Strengths finder
There are two ways to find in which areas of life you are good at.
1. In this area you are able to achieve good results consistently ( whether in speech, playing some game, or being able to become a networker).
2. It’s an activity you enjoy doing.
Here are some of the examples of strengths that you may find in yourself
Final Thoughts On This Book
This book provides a list of 34 strengths. In the book you can find the descriptions of each individual strength, thus you may easily and quickly figure out if you possess that strength or not.
When doing self-evolution, It may be tough to figure out that we are not strong in many of the strengths listed in this book but we must honestly admit that and concentrate on finding our true strengths that make us a unique person.
Buy This Book from Amazon
If you enjoyed this Book Review, Please share your Comments. I need your encouragement to write more book reviews. Thanks!
After finishing her study in computer science in 2005, she chooses to work in the economic - financial sector (as an accountant) to take a closer look on economic reality. Now she works as a full time blogger, writer and editor on the subject of personal finance.
You may also like:
Do You Like This Blog?
More than 7000 People Follow this Blog
Best-seller Books – Read in only 10 Minutes
Popular Articles You Should Read
Here’s How You can invest your money
Here’s How You can Earn more money
Inspirational Stories for You
Short, downloadable book summaries written by us that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others.
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad -- This is one of the fewest books that has been on the bestseller list for more than a decade. This book is the best personal finance book of all time.
2. The Richest Man In Babylon -- The book is very interesting and full of short stories of the rich people who reveal the secrets of their wealth. This is a small book but it has improved the financial life of millions of people around the world.
3. Think And Grow Rich -- It is a motivational book written by Napoleon Hill, it was first published in 1937 during the time of great depression. This book has been on the bestseller list from last 74 years.
4. The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People -- It is a #1 National Bestseller book on personal development, written by Stephen R. Covey. It has sold more than 15 million copies since its first publication in 1989.
5. How To Win Friends And Influence People -- This book is written by Dale Carnegie and it was first published in 1937. Now it takes place in publishing history as one of the all-time international best-seller.
- Business Biography (13)
- Financial Education (35)
- Frequently asked Questions (8)
- Goal Setting (29)
- Health & Success (9)
- Inspirational Stories (16)
- Investing (31)
- Job hunting and Career (5)
- Management and Leadership (10)
- Money Tips (26)
- Motivational (36)
- Personal Finance (42)
- Savings (6)
- Self Help (43)
- Self Improvement (45)
- Silver and Gold (5)
- Skills (10)
- Small Business (10)
- Stocks and real Estate (25)
- Success (39)
- Time Management (13)
- Wealth (47)
- Women and Business (20)
A Note to Our Readers
We at Readtoawake.com encourage our readers to purchase the books we summarize. These summaries are for busy professionals, who do not have much time to read all the books. We help them to select the best business and personal finance books.
English is not our motherlanguage so please ignore the grammatical errors and focus on the message.